- It's 3D!
- It's been a while since I've done any physics.
- I used three.js to render these.
- All credit to the discovery belongs to the paper's authors, Milovan Šuvakov and V. Dmitrašinović.
- Beware of numerical instability! Some of these simulations only last a few seconds before the bodies collide, at which point they'll reset. Using a smaller step size would help, but it may be too slow. Solutions which bring bodies very close to each other experience the greatest instabilities. Yin Yang II is especially unstable.
- The solutions all involve 3 bodies of equal mass in a plane, with zero total linear and angular momentum.
- I apologise if it crashes your browser.
- The "rate" of the passage of time should be consistent between solutions if your computer can keep up.
- Check out "Yarn"...